Day-time guided 'experiences' of the Wadworth Brewery are available Monday to Saturday and commence at 11am and 2pm from the Visitor Centre. Sunday 'experiences' for groups of 12-20 people are available by advance bookings only. To experience the brewery on Bank holidays please contact the Visitor Centre for availability. The brewery experience lasts for approximately 2 - 2.5 hours (depending on the party size).
The Wadworth experience is a journey from 1875 through to the present day. Starting in the Visitor Centre you will gain knowledge of our history and heritage and will be introduced to the unique traditional skills that we still practice today.
The brewery experience will take you on a steep climb to the top of the Victorian tower building where we will follow the gravitational brewing process down through 4 floors. In complete contrast, the next stop is the 21st century Copper house, completed in 2009. A short walk away are Devizes' most famous residents - Our handsome working Shire horses - Prince, Max and Monty who deliver beer to our local pubs every weekday morning and are always happy to accommodate visitors. We will also take a look around our in-house sign writing studio where all the signs for our 260 pubs are hand painted in the traditional way. Our brewery Cooper, Alastair may be on site and available to give a barrel making demonstration, before we make our way back to the Visitor Centre for a tutored beer tasting of 5 of Wadworth's wonderful cask ales in the bar.
Why not combine the brewery experience with lunch at The Crown pub, adjacent to the Visitor Centre for an extra £6.95? Please ask for more information
Places are limited and booking is strongly recommended
Please bear in mind that weekend experiences are very popular and advance booking is essential to avoid disappointment.
* Subject to availability
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR BREWERY TOURS
- The brewery is a Victorian tower with steep stairs, narrow corridors and uneven floors and may prove difficult for some visitors. The brewery is unsuitable for wheelchairs.
- Sensible clothing and footwear is recommended.
- Soft drinks are available if preferred and for visitors under the age of 18.
- Child rates apply to children under 18 years of age when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Due to Health and Safety enforcements children under the age of 12 are not permitted on the brewery tour.
- Wadworth is a working brewery and restrictions may be in force on some occasions.
- The Shire Horses, Cooper and Sign writing visits can not be guaranteed due to the nature of their workload.