Established in 1875, Wadworth is a family-owned brewery producing a range of award-winning core and seasonal beers in both cask, keg and small pack formats. Wadworth has more than 150 pubs in the South-West of England.
The newly formed Marketing Executive role will work across all aspects of the Wadworth business, from managed house pubs, the tenanted estate and beer portfolio. This is a broad marketing role involving the planning and delivery of online and offline activity.
Supporting the Head of Marketing, the Marketing Executive’s role will include:
- Managed Houses:
- Delivering the managed house pub food and drink menus from creative development through to launch in pub
- Developing and executing campaigns, promotions and key date support
- Producing and implementing communication and customer journey guidelines
- Offering site support from local marketing advice to best practice guides
- Delivering hotel room promotions
- Leveraging pre-booked sales opportunities
- Tenanted Estate:
- Offering support to our Business Partners in line with our central support package
- Delivering the promotional calendar of activity to drive rate of sale of each Wadworth beer
- Providing beer collateral support across our pub divisions to promote each Wadworth beer
- Owning beer engagement across our managed and tenanted pubs to cascade key information about the Wadworth beer portfolio and supporting activity
- Being a brand guardian, positively promoting Wadworth through all channels and activity
- Digital support including administration of the Wadworth and Managed House websites, email briefs and social media support
- Briefing agencies and giving feedback
- Completing reviews on each piece of work to ensure projects are landed on time, to budget and hit the objectives set
- Working with key stakeholders across the company and external suppliers/partners
This position is office based at our brewery in Devizes, Wiltshire. Travel to pubs in our estate and competitors will be required, as well as home working on occasion. A car allowance will be provided.
Why Work For Us?
It is an exciting time to join our business, after a difficult 2020 for our industry, we have regrouped under the leadership of our managing director (and descendent of one of our founders) Toby Bartholomew, and we are focussed on creating an exciting future. One that has our people at the heart of what we do, in order to deliver the best products and experiences for our guests.
We are looking for a rising star with natural creative flair, strong attention to detail and a can-do attitude.
You’ll have previous marketing experience, ideally within a pub company, brewery or similar, including delivering campaigns (ideally menu launches) and juggling multiple projects at one time.
You’ll be a confident communicator (both verbal and written) and be able to build strong internal, collaborative relationships with the wider team and external relationships with key partners.
You’ll be organised, have the confidence to give your opinion and have an appetite to take on new challenges.
Qualities, qualifications and experience
- The ability to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in – we’re a small team and we get involved in all aspects of the business
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and the desire to do a great job
- Keen to learn
- Minimum 2 years’ marketing experience in a pub company/brewery/similar
- Additional marketing qualifications advantageous
- Job Type: Full Time-Permanent
- Salary: £25 – 30k
- Competitive company benefits
If you wish to apply for the role please send your up-to-date CV, along with a covering letter, to:
CLOSING DATE: 14th March 2021