Property & Compliance Manager
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire
A long-established family brewing business based in Devizes, Wiltshire is currently recruiting for a Head of Property. The main purpose of the role is to manage an effective and efficient property team to support the Managed Pub and Tenanted Pub estates and to give outstanding service to our pubs. To work pro-actively with our contractors to ensure all projects are delivered to the required standard, on time and cost effectively. To challenge all costs incurred and join up the process of expenditure with Finance, working to strict budgets. To work with the relevant members of the Executive team and Operations Teams to prioritise and plan expenditure, building, health and safety compliance and maintenance programmes across the Managed House and Tenanted estates that unlock sales opportunities, reduce costs, improve overall efficiency and ensure the business is compliant with all required legislation and Company policy.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer;
- You will have proven experience of fostering key internal relationships whilst working constructively with contractors and suppliers and keeping accurate records of costs and projects. You will be up to date with health and safety legislation, managing risks and ensuring that our people and customers continue to enjoy a safe, legal and compliant environment.
- You will be an experienced negotiator and able to manage contracts ensuring that the correct level of service is achieved and the cost per job and return visits are minimised.
- You will be able to control expenditure and track it from quote to payment in line with expectations. As well as set up and manage an inventory to track age, ongoing repair cost and ensure the best repair/replace decisions are made.
- You will have experience of setting up and managing preventative maintenance and health and safety compliance programs ensuring that our properties remain compliant and up to date with legislation.
- You will be able to manage multiple projects at any one time at varying stages from inception to completion delivering a significant capital expenditure budget.
- A team player you will also be skilled at leading, managing and coaching people to deliver agreed objectives.
A high quality, fully qualified chartered surveyor.
A proven track record of leading and motivating staff and having established credibility in leading a team & working effectively in a complex organisation; with with successful project outcomes.
Ability to simultaneously work both tactically & strategically and commercially astute.
5-10 years prior property/retail/hospitality/building/commercial experience at management level is ideal
Action oriented with a can-do attitude
£50-60k plus excellent benefits package
Please send your CV with covering letter to:
Sam Parry - HR Manager
Friday 25th September 2020