Chef for The Bear Hotel, Devizes
Chef at The Bear Hotel, Devizes
Salary: £6.50-£9.75 per hour dependent on age + tips
The Bear, a famous coaching Inn dating back to 1559, Thomas Lawrence, renowned portrait painter of yesteryear, once resided here and examples of his work are displayed around the building.
The Bear has 25 bedrooms (all en-suite), 2 restaurants, 4 bars, a ballroom for over 100 guests, 4 other meeting/function rooms, a courtyard, and a 14th century cellar bar. The hotel also offers wedding and events facilities.
As we re-open after the pandemic, we are looking to expand our teams and are looking for a chef:
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per company specification to ensure our guests enjoy our food and return again and again
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards within the business
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
- Maintaining a clean and safe kitchen environment
We are looking for someone who is…
- Approachable and positive member of the kitchen team helping to fulfil the potential of the pub
- Organised with the ability to plan activity and tasks to ensure all the key task are completed in a timely manner and to the required standard.
- Determined and tenacious, showing a passion for the quality of our food and driving high standards to help grow the reputation of our food and sales and profit of the pub
- Reliable and punctual at all times
The hourly pay rate will be dependant on age of applicant:
- 16 - 17 = £6.00
- 18 - 20 = £7.06
- 21 - 22 = £8.86
- 23 & over = £9.41
If you are interested in doing this please forward your applcation to firstname.lastname@example.org