2nd Chef for The Bear Hotel, Devizes
2nd Chef at The Bear Hotel, Devizes
Salary: £27,500k per annum, plus overtime + tips
The Bear, a famous coaching Inn dating back to 1559, Thomas Lawrence, renowned portrait painter of yesteryear, once resided here and examples of his work are displayed around the building.
The Bear has 25 bedrooms (all en-suite), 2 restaurants, 4 bars, a ballroom for over 100 guests, 4 other meeting/function rooms, a courtyard, and a 14th century cellar bar. The hotel also offers wedding and events facilities.
As we re-open after the pandemic, we are looking to expand our teams and are looking for a 2nd Chef:
The key responsibilities of this role include:
he key attributes we are looking for in the successful candidate are:
• A positive member of the Kitchen Team, with at least 3 years experience in a similar role
• Being an inspiring leader – when you are in charge you can engage, excite and communicate clearly to your team to ensure they enjoy their work, and deliver outstanding food and service to all your customers
• Being organised - the ability to plan activity and tasks to ensure all the key tasks of running a great kitchen are completed in a timely manner
• Have a passion for what we do - determined and tenacious and in doing so showing the passion and drive high standards to keep growing the sales and profit of the pub
• Being multi-skilled and flexible – having the ability and willingness to go the extra mile, work front and back of house, and willing to do every task.
If you are interested in applying please do so by sending your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.