Sous Chef - Bear Hotel, Devizes
The Bear Hotel is a famous coaching Inn dating back to 1559, Thomas Lawrence, renowned portrait painter of yesteryear, once resided here and examples of his work are displayed around the building.
With 25 elegant bedrooms (all en-suite), 2 restaurants, 4 bars, a beautiful ballroom for over 100 guests, 4 other function rooms, a courtyard, and a 14th century cellar bar which hosts very popular live blues & jazz evenings. The hotel carries an AA 3 STAR rating and has been awarded the much coveted 5 STAR rating. The hotel also offers first class wedding and events facilities, as well as Lambtons restaurant which has also been awarded 2 A.A. Rosettes for dining.
The Bear is on the look out for a skilled, passionate, and proactive Second Chef to join their team!
Salary £27,500 plus overtime + tips!
As Sous Chef you will aid the Head Chef in all daily running’s of the kitchen, playing a vital role in the kitchen managed team. You will oversee, encourage, and motivate the team to maintain our company high standards.
The key attributes we are looking for in the successful candidate are:
· A positive member of the Kitchen Team, with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
· Being an inspiring leader – when you are in charge you can engage, excite and communicate clearly to your team to ensure they enjoy their work, and deliver outstanding food and service to all your customers.
· Being organised - the ability to plan activity and tasks to ensure all the key tasks of running a great kitchen are completed in a timely manner.
· Have a passion for what we do - determined and tenacious and in doing so showing the passion and drive high standards to keep growing the sales and profit of the pub.
· Being multi-skilled and flexible – having the ability and willingness to go the extra mile, work front and back of house, and willing to do every task.
If you would like to apply for the position of Sous Chef at the Bear Hotel please contact firstname.lastname@example.org