Community Superstars 2021
As we look ahead to 2021, we are on the look-out for COMMUNITY SUPERSTARS.
So many wonderful people have supported their local communities throughout the Covid pandemic and we want to give something back to these community superstars by inviting them to join our table and enjoy a meal for two.
Each of our managed pubs will be asking their local communities to nominate their own heroes every week. Here's the list of participating pubs:
- Barge Inn, Seend
- Colesbourne Inn, Cheltenham
- Falkland Arms, Great Tew
- George Inn, Lacock
- Lansdowne Arms, Calne
- Pheasant, Chippenham
- Red Lion, Lacock
- Barton's Mill, Old Basing
- Bear Hotel, Devizes
- Broad St Tavern, Wokingham
- Cleveland Bay, Chandlers Ford
- George Hotel, Frome
- Green Dragon, Brook
- Greyhound, Siddington
- Kings Arms, Fulham
- Red Shoot, Linwood near Ringwood
- Three Crowns, Devizes
- Wheelwright Arms
Every week locals will be able to nominate their “community superstars” on the pub’s own Facebook page and each week the pub’s manager will choose the winner.
Make sure you like your local Wadworth managed pub, from the list above, on Facebook to nominate your heroes.
Full details and Terms & Conditions
We will ask followers of each of the participating managed Wadworth pubs to nominate their heroes and detail why the nominee deserves to win.
There will be 4 weeks of the campaign and therefore we will be awarding 4 winners a free meal per pub (1 meal per week, per pub).
The free meal consists of 2 courses + a drink per person.
The meal will be able to be redeemed until the end of April 2021 in the pub the nomination was given to.
Each week there is a different category for nominations. The categories are: NHS, Key Workers, Local Hero, Friends/Family.
- Week 1: First call for nominations Mon 4th Jan 2pm. Final call Sunday 10th Jan 12pm. Winner announced 11th Jan 10am NHS
- Week 2: First call for nominations Mon 11th Jan 2pm. Final call Sunday 17th Jan 12pm. Winner announced 18thJan 10am KEY WORKERS
- Week 3: First call for nominations Mon 18th Jan 2pm. Final call Sunday 24th Jan 12pm. Winner announced 25th Jan 10am LOCAL HERO
- Week 4: First call for nominations Mon 25th Jan 2pm. Final call Sunday 31st Jan 12pm. Winner announced 1st Feb 10am FRIENDS/FAMILY
Ts & Cs:
- Participants and the winner must be over the age of 18
- Nominees can not be employees of Wadworth & Co Ltd
- We will accept unlimited nominations on each competition post
- All entries will be read by the General Manager of the pub and they will choose the winning entry from all entries submitted in the comments of the competition post on the pub's Facebook page before the closing time
- The winning nominator will be notified via Facebook Messenger around 10am the day after the closing date for entries and confirmed on the original post on the pub's Facebook page (by entering our competition the nominator consents to Wadworth announcing their name, and their nominees name, on the pub's Facebook page and the Wadworth Facebook page). We require the nominator to provide us with the nominees email address to be able to contact them to tell them they've won
- We will send the winning nominee confirmation of their prize and how to redeem their free meal
- If the winner does not respond to the Promoter by the required method within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. The prize cannot be claimed by a third party on the winner’s behalf. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if the winner is not able to take up the prize
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered
- The prize is supplied by Wadworth & Co. Ltd, Northgate Brewery, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 1JW. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner's surname and county together with (if applicable) their winning entry, can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com within fourteen days after the closing date of the competition. Entrants who do not wish such information to be provided should they win, should object in advance of the competition closing date by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org which prize competition they have entered, and what information they object to being provided
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify a participant or winner if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected
- All entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned. You agree to participate in publicity at the Promoter’s request. By submitting your entry and any accompanying material you agree to:
- a. Assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
- b. Waive all moral rights in and to your entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- The competition will be governed by English law and entrants to the competition submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- No purchase is necessary however; you will need an internet connection and access to Facebook. No refund may be claimed for expenses incurred in participating in the promotion, including in relation to the use of the internet.
- We reserve the right to exclude any entries which we believe to be inappropriate, fraudulent or based on misconduct.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to Innkeeper’s Lodge and not to Facebook. By participating in this promotion, you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any claims.
- The promoter does not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, damaged or delayed. For example, as a result of network, system development, computer or telecommunications failures or fault of any kind - including any hardware, programming code, databases or software used in the promotion.
- Winners may be required to participate in related publicity without further reward. E.g.: be photographed for website/newspaper stories, provide a short statement about their win.
- This promotion is subject to Facebook’s terms of services which can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms
- Promoter: Wadworth & Co. Ltd, Northgate Brewery, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 1JW. Website address: www.wadworth.co.uk/