Gender Pay Gap Report 2018
At Wadworth our aim is to attract, recruit and retain the very best people for the job regardless of gender or any other personal characteristic. Our people reward and retention philosophy is based on this approach. We undertake regular performance and development reviews and people are rewarded accordingly. We continue to be committed to the principles of equal pay for all of our employees.
Mean Gender Pay Gap: 23.9%
Median Gender Pay Gap: 3.8%
- For this second reporting year we are pleased to see that the median gender pay gap for Wadworth continues to be below the national average of 9.7% (2018).
- We recognise that our mean gender pay gap is higher than the 2018 national average of 18.4% which, to a certain extent, can be explained by the lack of female representation at the most senior level in our organisation rather than pay inequality in the same or similar roles.
- We have conducted a detailed pay audit to better understand where our challenges lie; the Executive Team has committed to taking appropriate action.
Mean Bonus Gender Pay Gap: 45.1%
Median Bonus Gender Pay Gap: 70%
Proportion of males receiving a bonus payment and proportion of females receiving a bonus payment:
- At our Brewery & Support Centre we operate a Profit Bonus Scheme that all employees benefit from after 3 months of service; this is harmonised across all roles and grades. Structured bonus schemes are also in place for key roles within our retail and sales teams.
- In our Managed House estate structured bonus payments are made to the managers who run our retail sites as well as to other key roles (e.g. head chefs).
- In general, there are more males than females within the groups of employees that receive bonus payments and, with head chefs for example, it is an industry-wide challenge to attract more females to such roles.
|Proportion of males and females when divided into four groups ordered from lowest to highest pay:|
|Upper Middle Quartile||45.7%||54.3%|
|Lower Middle Quartile||25.0%||75.0%|
- We have, in recent years, appointed a number of female candidates into senior roles in our business; we are pleased to report that we appointed a female Finance Director in October 2018.
- We will continue to seek opportunities to enable female progression within Wadworth.
Gender Pay Gap Report 2017
Proportion of males / females receiving a bonus payment:
Proportion of males and females when divided into four groups, ordered from lowest to highest pay:
Upper Middle Quartile
Lower Middle Quartile