The Wadworth Brewery
No visit to Wiltshire is complete without a trip to our Victorian brewery in Devizes. We’ve been a key part of the local community for over 140 years and now offer fun, interesting brewery tours that take you through our colourful history and heritage.
From the past to the present
All our tours begin with an introduction to Wadworth’s history and heritage in our modern Visitor Centre.
After a steep climb to the top of our tower brewery, our tours work their way down through each of the four floors, moving forward through time as we descend.
In complete contrast to the tower is our 21st century copper house, where visitors can see how brewing technology has developed over time. We also take a tour to our on-site pub sign studio, where guests can gaze at our unique hand-painted pub signs and see where our artists work.
Then we visit our stables to see our most famous residents – Sam and Jac- our working Shire Horses and the real stars of the show (providing they are not on their annual holiday or at an event!).
Finally, we finish the tour with a tutored sampling session where visitors will enjoy and learn more about our handcrafted ales in The Harness Room Bar.
Times and Prices
The Wadworth brewery tours run daily at 11am and 2pm Monday to Saturday (we are closed on bank holidays) and we strongly advise booking in advance.
Prices start from £6 for children aged 12+, £10 for seniors (60+) and £12 for adults.
Our tours last approximately 2 - 2½hrs and include a tutored sampling session so you can try Wadworth’s memorable real ales for yourself.
The Small Print
- The Wadworth brewery tour contains steep stairs, uneven and wet floors and low ceilings, which may prove difficult for some visitors. Sensible clothing and footwear is recommended – no opened toed shoes or high heels permitted.
- Hot/soft drinks are available if preferred and for visitors under the age of 18.
- Our tours are only conducted in English and therefore good understanding of the language is essential.
- Children under the age of 12 years are not permitted on tours, this includes 'babes' in arms.
- Due to the nature of the Victorian brewery, our tours are not suitable for wheelchair users. Our Visitor Centre is however fully accessible for all.
- Our Shire horses turn out at a number of shows/events throughout the year – therefore there will be occasions when the stables will be empty. The Shire Horses take an annual holiday every year, therefore the stables will be empty during this time.
- Our booking cancellation policy is 48hrs - after this time no refunds or date changes are available.
Please contact us on 01380 732277 for more information on any of the above or for any group booking enquiries.
Want to buy a tour voucher as a gift? We sell tour vouchers on our online shop - a perfect present for any beer fan!