Deputy Manager - George Inn, Norton St Philips
Location: Norton St Philips, Somerset
Further to our recent exciting opening following lockdown, this 700-year old upscale Tudor pub with rooms part of Wadworth, the prestigious family brewing group is currently seeking a Deputy Manager. As part of the pub management team you will work with the Pub Manager to maximise sales and profit, & contribute to building & leading the team, delivering outstanding customer service, controlling all costs and ensuring all areas of compliance are adhered to. As Deputy you should be capable of taking full responsibility for every aspect of running the pub in the absence – short or long term of the Manager and be capable of holding another pub within the estate for a short time if required to do so.
Personality & Skills
- A great team player - Being a proactive & positive member of the Pub Team
- Being an inspiring leader – ability to engage, excite & communicate clearly to your team to ensure they enjoy their work, are clear on their responsibilities & deliver outstanding service to all our customers.
- Being organised - ability to plan activity & tasks to ensure all the key tasks of running a great pub are completed in a timely manner and to the required standard. Where necessary delegating tasks to your team to complete.
- Have a passion for what we do - determined and tenacious and in doing so showing the passion and drive high standards to keep growing the sales and profit of the pub.
- Being multi-skilled and flexible – having the ability and willingness to go the extra mile, work front and back of house, and willing to do every task.
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role/environment.
- A strong understanding of H&S practices. Experience of following a rigorous Covid 19 policy and ways of working.
Training is available. Live in available if required.
Please send your CV with covering letter to:
Sam Parry - HR Manager
Friday 25th September 2020