Our experienced team are here to help and support you if you need us, when you need us.
As well as a dedicated Retail Development Manager you will have access to customer services, cellar services, property helpdesk, marketing and more.
Here’s a summary of what’s on offer when you run a pub with Wadworth.
- You will have a comprehensive induction with your Retail Development Manager.
- You will be given a tour and be introduced to the Wadworth Family here at the Brewery.
- Within the first few weeks of your tenancy, you will have the opportunity to meet with our Head of Marketing, Trade Beer Quality Manager and Operations Support Manager (Food and Health and Safety support)
- You will be required to attend two externally run courses held at the Brewery, Financial Control and Seven Steps to Sales Success, these will assist you in running a successful business.
- Our Managing Director and Operations Director hold lunches to meet all new Business Partners within your first year.
- We offer three peer to peer programmes:
- ‘Pub School’ where, once you have been offered a pub, you have the opportunity to shadow an experienced Business Partner in their business and learn the ropes
- ‘Buddy Scheme’ All new Business Partners will be allocated a ‘buddy’ Business Partner so you have additional support where you need it from someone who’s been in your shoes
- ‘Try Before You Buy’ Experience a 2 day working session in a pub before you agree to take on your own (this is a chargeable option)
- You will be appointed a dedicated Retail Development Manager (RDM) who is your main point of contact and conducts regular pub visits, business reviews and offers on-going advice and support.
- We have dedicated and friendly Brewery support teams, on hand to assist you.
- As well as partnering with Celli, who look after all matters in your cellar, we also have our in-house Trade Beer Quality Manager who’s there to help you deliver the perfect pint from start to finish of the process.
- Our Executive Development Chef acts as a food consultant and can support on all aspects of your food offering from helping choose suppliers and selecting the right kitchen equipment to advising on menus
- Access to Vianet, an external data provider, which gives you insight into your beer performance
- We pay your Property Insurance
- We offer Licensing Support throughout your tenancy
- We provide access to Open Book Accounting through industry recognised accountants
- Wadworth branded POS (point of sale)
- You will be given an allocation of beer pump clips (core range and special editions throughout the year), our own branded glassware and own beer POS (e.g. posters, bar runners and beer mats). You will also have access to receive branded glassware and support from drink suppliers
- Printed Material
- Throughout the year we’ll issue template POS to support key dates and events that you can use as is or tailor to your needs and print locally
- We provide you with a free domain name for you to use on your website
- We have preferred suppliers who we can recommend to build your website and give you digital support (recommendations and contacts are provided, the building of your website and all other services is chargeable)
- You will have a one pager website within the Wadworth website to ensure you are found online by a wider audience and we link this page to your own website to drive more traffic to your site
- You’ll have access to social media support
Our comprehensive support packages ensure you open having been given the essential training and guidance to do so safely, legally and expertly. We’ll then be there for you every step of the way through your tenancy offering you advice, support and training when you need it.
Paid on a monthly basis, your Subscription to Wadworth entitles you to:
- BII Membership
- The BII is the leading independent membership organisation for professionals in the licensed trade today. Support includes legal advice, property assistance and up to date industry news. Read more on the BII Website
- CPL Learning app
- The app gives you access to training and support including health & safety, food safety, allergens, team member training and more. Read more on the CPL Website
- Four stock takes per year
- Conducted by one of our nominated stock takers, these ensure you have visibility of your stocks to be able to manage them effectively
- Cask Marque Accreditation scheme
- You will be visited by Cask Marque to inspect your cellar and test beer in the glass when poured. Upon completion of a successful visit you will be awarded a Cask Marque plaque (which is recognised as a sign of quality by 77% of cask ale drinkers – YouGov survey). Read more on the Cask Marque website
Courses and experience days offer ‘On Demand’ additional support. These are payable on a ‘pay as you go’ basis. Support includes the likes of:
- Marketing support e.g., Courses and 121 sessions on social media, local PR, online marketing and retail principles
- Food support e.g., A day’s kitchen experience 121 and in-house kitchen support
- Drink support e.g., Wine training