Finding the right pub and the right company to be a part of is essential. At Wadworth, not only do we have a great portfolio of pubs across the South West, we are also serious about building quality business partnerships and are here to support you.
We’ve been brewing beer in the beautiful market town of Devizes since 1875 when Henry Alfred Wadworth founded the business. Wadworth passed to Henry’s founding partner, John Smith Bartholomew, and is now in the fifth generation of ownership with Toby Bartholomew leading the company as Managing Director.
- We are an independent family business.
- We are a small, hands on team with a wealth of industry experience. You’ll be part of the family, with everyone here to help and provide expertise and support when needed.
- We are proud to be rooted in the South West of England and have a host of beautiful pubs across the region. Our Business Partners rate us, see what some have said.
- Our beers are award winning and we are constantly developing our portfolio, launching special editions and taking on board feedback about what our teams and customers want.
- We live and breathe our company values and pride ourselves on creating positive business partnerships with our tenants. We are a community, we deliver quality, we drive performance, we are leaving a legacy.
You will have a dedicated Retail Development Manager to give support and advice, or just to run ideas past, in order to make your pub the most successful it can be.
Our comprehensive Business Partner Support scheme (BPS) ensures you have access to help and guidance from all areas of the business. From customer services, to cellar services, property helpdesk and marketing, there’s experienced team on hand when you need us.
Find out more about how we support you and the training on offer.
We comply fully with the Voluntary Industry Code of Practice which ensures that you are treated fairly and transparently both before you take a pub with us and whilst you work with us.
When you apply for a pub with us, and during our agreement with you, there are processes we will complete, and information and commitments we will require from you, so that we know the relationship will work and will result in creating a unique and special pub experience for your customers.
- 5 Year Tenancy Agreement.
- Agreements for Sole Trader, Partnership or Limited Company.
- We supply all your beers, lagers, ciders, wines, spirits and minerals as part of the tie.
- Access to Wadworth ales and major national brands.
- You own the fixtures & fittings but brewery assistance available for renting in specific circumstances.
- Shared Responsibility to maintain and repair the premises with brewery responsible for all structural works.
- You can give 12 months’ notice on the anniversary of the agreement to bring the agreement to an end.
- Protected by the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 (unless Head Landlord – we will provide details) which gives you the right for renewal at end of term.
- Rents increase annually linked to Consumer Price Index with no rent reviews on renewal.
- We insure the building and you insure the stock and trade fixture and fittings.
- Maintenance Service agreement as part of tenancy to ensure you are, and continue to be, legally compliant with statutory regulations.
- You will be required to pay a deposit.
- No machine tie for fruit or quiz machines.
- Comprehensive induction training before and during your agreement.
- Business Support from experienced brewery team.
- Independent financial advice through Open Book Accounting.
- Agreements are covered by the Industry Code of Practice.
For more advice on taking a pub tenancy and benchmarking costs of similar pubs, go to:
UK Hospitality: www.ukhospitality.org.uk
Code of Practice Lessees: http://www.thepubgoverningbody.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Code-of-Practice-Leased-14mar22.pdf